Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Sound Of Silence

Someone who was gently knocking
Aroused me from my peaceful nap
As I called out "Who is there"?
It grew louder with each tap

The noise became more demanding
And I knew they wouldn't go away
So climbing from my rumbled bed
I would hear what they had to say

To my amazement no person was there
Only water in shades of blue
And as a star twinkled high above
The meaning I had not even a clue

From a distance came eerie voices
Wanting me to step through the door
Where would this journey take me
Did I really want to find out more?

With each step I took I trembled
Blue waters parting as I entered
Before me a crowd of people stood
With a glowing idol in the center

Silence echoed from their vast display
Hungry souls reached out to me
I wondered just what they wanted
And what did they want me to see

Flashing red eyes upon the idol's face
Caused my heart to stop and flutter
Beckoning me to worship him
As distant voices began to mutter

Waters of blue now darken with smoke
As my screams pierced the chilly air
Whispers and voices were now silent
I wondered, did they no longer care?

A familiar feeling of warmth and love
Encircled my cold trembling heart
As someone was calling out my name
I jumped from my bed with a start

Thank God I had only been dreaming
Or could this possibly be true
To some this poem may be confusing
But well understood by a few

No comments:

Post a Comment